Just as a little fun post since some of you might just be reading my blog for the first time – or maybe you’re someone I know in life who might just be surprised. 🙂
- I do not like/eat broccoli. Now, I’m not just a picky eater who doesn’t like how it tastes, I really don’t mind it actually – but as I wrote about in my post about living with IBS, I have found that broccoli is one of those foods that just ruins me inside. It’s painful and unnecessary.
- I can say the alphabet backwards, and just as fast as forward. I don’t know why or how I learned it, I just know I did. *shrug*
- I do not like scary/horror films. I have pretty intense nightmares on the regular, sooooo I don’t expose myself to frightening/gruesome things for entertainment value. However, I do enjoy true crime shows…?
- I have played golf since childhood and I enjoy it. I’m not nearly as good as I used to be since I don’t get out regularly, but I was fairly decent in my high school/team days and went to golf camps during the summer.
- I like to sing. I grew up in the school and church choirs, I was a part of a singing/dance performance ensemble in college, I have been in musicals (lead in Bye Bye Birdie) and even sung the national anthem for the Miami Heat at American Airlines Arena back in 2008. I also went to singing camps in the summers…I went to a lot of camps.
…I am also a far cry from “good” at any of them – but have played piano, guitar, ukulele, and the french horn in the past.
- I was adopted from Korea at the age of 2 – you can read more about that here. I don’t speak Korean (or any other language than English actually) and I don’t know how to read or write it.
- My favorite color is pink – though I don’t think most people would guess that – and I was OBSESSED with *NSYNC during my early teen years. I knew ALL the dances, all the facts, went to their concerts, bought their memorabilia, etc. it was a WHOLE THING.
- I served in the United States Navy for 8 years, and I loved it. If I could go back in time, I would do it again. I met so many amazing people and saw some gorgeous places.
- I do not like hiking, and I don’t much enjoy the beach. I know as a person who lives in California it seems to be a bit of a “sin” but I just don’t enjoy those. I think our city is lovely and lots of wonderful things to do, all of which I would choose over those two outings.
- I like Pandas…but everyone else likes to associate me with them even more so! I like Panda’s and all the cute little things in stores that are made to resemble them – but somehow this panda theme has taken a life of its own and I now receive numerous gifts and knick-knacks with panda’s on them on the regular. I like them, don’t get me wrong, but now I think I will forever be known as one.
What’s something fun that people might not guess about you?!