First – I think this should really be better phrased – because I don’t feel guilty and I won’t be made to feel guilty regardless of my choices…however I wanted everyone to understand what I was talking about!!!
Second – Let’s talk about this! What makes you happy…but you might not do it every day, or maybe you’re afraid to let people know? Let me go first so you can be more comfortable….
- 90s and 2000s pop music. LOVE IT. I am all about some Britney, NSYNC, BSB, etc. I enjoy pop music generally but I will absolutely say that its finest era was late 90s and early 2000s, hands down.
- In-N-Out Burger. If you’ve never had it, give it a shot. Double Double, Animal Style with Animal Style fries. That’s my order, almost always.
- Teen movies. I’m not a fan of Twilight…but give me some “Clueless”, “The Fault in Our Stars” or “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” and I will movie marathon it up. They just make me feel good (or cry sometimes) and I need that kind of goodness in my life. It’s funny though because now I have started to see parts of these films from the perspective of the parents and other characters, which is equally sad.
- DVDs. I totally have DVDs and a DVD player. Don’t judge me. I love it and it reminds me of my dad/childhood so I will likely never part with them. I did however get rid of the cases/boxes though this year so they take up FAR less space in my house.
- Sparkly things. I have a LOT of glittery things, makeup, clothes, etc. It’s not a full on “Lisa Frank” life – but I do like any excuse to wear glitter (outside of work).
- Rice Krispy Treats. I LOVE these – but only the home made ones, I don’t like the ones you can buy pre-made. I especially love to make them with Fruity Pebbles. Marshmallow cream, sugary cereal, butter, it’s just so goooooooood! I try and keep it to making them once a year though because I know I will let loose on them and eat the whole pan.
- Valentines Day. This is one of my favorite “holidays” and I just mainly like it for its colors/decor. I love heart shaped things, pink and red stuff and cute cartoons. I like baby animals and little cards sprinkled in glitter. I don’t care if everyone hates it or calls it a “consumer” holiday – go show me those other holidays that mean so much … chances are it’s just for gifts or food, so shut up and let me enjoy my collage of love and sappiness.
- Payless Shoes. Sigh. I am SO sad this is now out of business – but I LOVED their store. Mostly because I could always find reasonably priced shoes for my small feet, but also in recent years they had more fashionable stuff! I hated it when I was young and my mom made me get things from there – but I grew to love it, and now it’s a thing of the past.
- Hot Dogs. I know. Lots of food on the list – but this is one that seems to be a secret love for many. I prefer mine with ketchup, raw onions, mustard (grainy mustard not yellow), sauerkraut and sweet relish (not necessarily all together). I also love corn dogs. I hate the fake meat versions though, and really any variation other than an actual hot dog with a mix of unknown meat products in it. I will enjoy one from Costco, at a sporting event, BBQ or county fair. Same goes for Turkey Legs. Must get one of those anytime I am at the fair or Disneyland.
- Sleeping at my parents house. I love when I get to go home, and sleeping there is always easier. I don’t know if it’s because I’m typically “on vacation” when I go (and away from work) or because I know they are there – but I do enjoy it. There are some things you just can’t recreate and the feeling of childhood comfort is one of them.
What are yours? Do you like to indulge in any way? What do you wish you could do more but can’t or don’t?