“Think of all the beauty that’s still left in and around you and be happy!” – Anne Frank
COVID-19 not only infects our bodies with sickness, but it really has found a way to infect our minds, moods, and spirits. I wanted to spend a moment reflecting on things I am grateful for, in the wake of so much uncertainty.
- My family and friends are healthy. I can’t ask for more than that.
- I am SO grateful to have a job still. I am blessed beyond measure to have a job that I can do from home and a paycheck.
- I have four walls, a roof over my head, electricity, internet, running water and food. While there’s many things people complain about – having basics (and then some!) should be recognized as the blessing it is.
- My man-friend, my family and friends who bring me constant reasons to smile throughout the day and keep me in touch with the world.
- I have not spent a dime on gas, so that’s a bright side! I eat at home more, and there’s no “social” outings to spend money on, so budgeting has been a breeze!
- I don’t have to wear a different outfit to work every day (or pay for dry cleaning) – so my laundry pile isn’t stacking up quite so quickly.
- My sleep schedule has improved lol, in fact I kinda of have to force myself to stay up until a reasonable hour in the evening most days, or else I would end up in bed at 5pm.
- I am grateful that there are other people posting news and social media updates that are good/positive/inspiring or full of compassion.
All in all – it’s not the ideal scenario – however we can choose to LIVE, not just exist. Make the most of this time and seek out the good.